When it comes to beauty bliss some of the best kept secrets are hidden in the crevices of our
lips. One of the most common questions asked by women is, “How can I get my makeup to stay
on longer?” The area on our faces that require the most frequent touch ups are the lips. Why is
that? They are the main focal point when communicating with others.
There is absolutely nothing more embarrassing than talking to someone or smiling bright as the
sun only to realize that there is lip lacquer smudged on your pearly whites. Another lipstick faux
pas, is to smear your ruby red paint on the collar of a man’s neck or outside the perimeters of
his mouth. What about your favorite fuchsia that was unintentionally left behind on the edge of
your dinner glass? Not so sexy huh?
A common challenge we experience when we fail to touch up our lips especially after eating, is
having a splotchy and unpolished overall appearance that is not the best look for first time
If you are ready to pucker proof your lips consider our 5 keys to kissable and long lasting lip
• Exfoliate your lips on a daily basis, with a toothbrush or mascara wand to avoid cracked,
dry and peeling lips especially during extremely cold winter and hot summer months.
This will ensure an even texture or smooth surface is prepared for the application of
your lip color.
• Apply a lip primer to continue to fortify the skin’s foundation to assist with the durability
of your pretty paint.
• Choose a lip pencil that matches the selected hue that you will be using and color in
both lips from corner to corner. The more layers your build the harder it is for the color
• The best choice for lasting wear is a lip stain which can survive the most passionate kiss
under the sun.
• If you prefer a dewy finish after you have finished all of your physical acrobats then
apply a gloss to be used as a semi-permanent seal. It’s not enough to merely add color
on our lips, we must remember to keep them hydrated if we desire for them to remain